Sunday, July 29, 2012

July American Beauty Maven Box

 It's time for my round-up of my July Julep Maven box!! The theme of this box was matching, specifically your nails and your lips. The box included a polish with a coordinating glitter, a lip gloss and then a patriotic polish to celebrate either the 4th of July (America) or Canada Day (Canada). 



I never get tired of how Julep packages the Maven boxes! I love it. This month they included Firebombs with the box. 

Lynn a nude blush pearl:


Yumi, a pink opalescent multi-dimensional glitter:


America the Beautiful, a shiny red with royal blue glitter and sterling silver stars:


O Canada, sheer glitter with accent of cardinal red:


In addition to the nail polishes Julep included matching lip gloss (or as they call it, lip vernis) to this month's boxes because of the current trend of matching lips and tips. Peony was the lip vernis I received in my box, which is described as a "nude blush creme" and is meant to match with Lynn. Additionally, I decided to add Poppy to my box, which is a "peachy coral creme" lip vernis.

Peony is on the left and Poppy is on the right. Julep says that these are ultra-creamy, long-wearing gloss with a mirror like finish. I really like this glosses. The formula is good, thick without being sticky and they give a nice shine and color to the lips. I think of two, Poppy lasts longer just because of the color. They have a nice caramel scent to them, but no taste. The only thing I don't think about these is the applicator. These have a brush instead of the usual doe-foot applicator-- and that's what I wish it had! I feel like it's easy to glop on the gloss with the brush and then it's difficult to apply evenly if you get too much on. But I really this-- nice color and shine.



Swatches (my first makeup swatches!):



So another month, another great Maven box from Julep!

Have you entered to win an intro Maven box from Julep? You can enter here! You have a little less than two hours left!

No comments:

Post a Comment