Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Julep Yumi

The next polish from the July Maven box was a lot better than the one I shared with you last night.  Tonight's polish is Yumi, which is a "pink opalescent multi-dimensional glitter." As much as I dislike Julep's frost polishes, I think I am now in love with their glitter polishes. Seriously! I'm totally impressed. Yumi is a mix of small pink glitter with Julep's trademark holographic glitter in a clear base.

Here I layered one coat of Yumi over Lynn. The formula was a little bit on the thick side and can get a bit gloppy because of it-- it's also jam packed with glitter. Despite that, Yumi is still relatively easy to apply and goes on smoothly. What surprised me the most was that despite the amount of glitter in the polish, Yumi has dried to a smooth finish. I think you could wear Yumi by itself in maybe three coats, if you were trying to make it opaque.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


So sparkly! I love this!


Count me as a fan of Julep's glitter polishes-- I'd love to own more. I like they could be worn alone or over a base color and are easy to work with. Plus, they're so pretty! I definitely want to own more of these.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I don't have Yumi or Lynn but I definitely love Yumi :-) Although, I hate the name, lol!

    ReplyDelete