Thursday, July 5, 2012

No-Buy Round Up and "limited" buy continuation

Not a regular post tonight-- instead I'm doing a round-up of the no/low buy I was on for the months of May and June. I actually came out of my no-buy a little bit richer in polish than I anticipated! In my previous no-buy post I did make some exceptions and here's what I ended up with:

Birthday present to myself - Cult Nails Fairy Tale Collection:

Lynnderella order originally placed in March (which I kind of wish I hadn't purchased now):

Misa Hot Summer collection I won from Vampy Varnish:

Chanel Orange Fizz as a birthday present:

And finally, I used some birthday money to buy the Georgia On My Mind collection from Rescue Beauty:

So... perhaps a bit more than I anticipated. Technically, though, I didn't buy anything that I didn't make an exception for. But I have decided this no/low buy has been good for me and so I'm continuing it. There is, of course, polish I want out there, but again, nothing I can't currently live without. I think if I make a plan it's better for me overall.

Here are some of my upcoming purchases, July - August (and maybe September):
-5 Nostalgic Lacquer polishes
-new American Apparel sheer polishes and Made in LA polishes
-4 Ozotic polishes from Llarowe (only because they are being discontinue) 
-Cult Nails Coco's Untamed Collection (plus Nevermore and more top coat)
- 1 or 2 items for an Olympic nail art project

I guess technically I shouldn't call it a no-buy... we'll go with limited buy instead. And basically all these purchases will be made in July so I should hopefully be able to make it through August with no polish purchases for a real no-buy.
-

4 comments:

  1. Good job! I failed miserably. I need to try again with a low buy, for I'm sure that I'm going to be buying Coco's Untamed Collection... sigh. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've just decided that I love Cult Nails and will buy any polish they put out.

      Delete
  2. I'm on a "low buy" right now but I'm not doing so well haha! If you decide to sell any of your Lynns, let me know! Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do... I'm not quite ready to part with them yet, but if I am I will let you know!

      Delete