Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Julep America the Beautiful

The July Julep Maven boxes included an extra surprise polish depending on which country you lived-- the US or Canada-- to celebrate the 4th of July or Canada Day. So I got America the Beautiful in my Maven box! America is a "a shiny red with royal blue glitter and sterling silver stars, it's like nail art in a bottle!" You know, that's one of my favorite things! America is densely packed with red microglitter, small blue and silver glitter, larger blue hex glitter and large silver stars.

America is gorgeous! And it was pretty easy to apply, even with the stars, though you did have to be careful to not drag them off the nail. Here I have layered one coat of America over Cult Nails Evil Queen, which seemed like the perfect base for this polish. Because of the star glitter I used a layer of Gelous as spackle and then my Essie Good to Go top coat to make everything smooth. It mostly worked, though there was maybe a bit of roughness if the star glitter sticks up a little bit. But other than that, no issues at all with this polish.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


I used America for my 4th of July manicure and it's definitely appropriate any time you need a patriotic manicure!

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday-- mine could have been better, for sure. My poor little dog may have torn his cruciate ligament, so now he's on two weeks "bed rest" and anti-inflammatories. And then if it's not better he may have to have surgery! :(( Poor puppy! And then to top if off, my bus broke down on the way home! Oy, I'm ready for Thursday!


1 comment:

  1. I loved America. But I am obsessed with glitter so that shouldn't be too surprising.

    Poor little Ollie! I hope he gets lots of belly rubs and toys to chew on (not not run after) during his bed rest *puppy snuggles*

    ReplyDelete