Friday, July 6, 2012

Sally Hansen Himalayan Blue

Tonight I actually have a fall polish for you-- from last year, anyway! This is Sally Hansen Himalayan Blue, which was part of the Tracy Reese limited edition collection. It's been sitting in a box for months and given that it's such a lovely and versatile shade of blue, I decided to pull this out and wear it last week.

Himalayan Blue is a beautiful medium sky blue creme. It's also fairly bright, but definitely not in neon territory. I find this to a be an interesting color for a fall collection, considering how bright it is, but it definitely reminds me of a cloudless sky. It's nicely pigmented, but I used three coats because I had some cuticle drag and wanted to make it perfect. I think you could probably get away with two coats if you applied it better than I did.

I apologize for this being a little worn when I took these photos-- I'd been wearing it for about 12 hours when I took them so my manicure is a little worn.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light:




I love this color of blue. It's gorgeous. Perfect for any time of year! I'm just sad I waited so long to wear this.

2 comments: