Monday, July 30, 2012

Nicole by OPI It's All About the Glam

Tonight I have a polish from a brand which I haven't share with you before, though I have several polishes from this line-- Nicole by OPI, which I guess is kind of like the teen version of OPI. Like OPI, they team up with celebrities to create polish lines and the polish I have tonight is from one of their most recent collaborations. This is All About the Glam from the Kardashian Kolor collection. Yes, those Kardashians. I know, right? I'm not a fan but they did create a cool collection of polishes, of which I had to buy several. And by several, I mean a lot. 

All About the Glam is a sheer soft white polish with silver shimmer. Like many white polishes, it is a little streaky but you can make it opaque. Here I used four (yes, four) thin to medium coats to obtain opacity and even everything out. Even with the number of coats, I like this polish a lot. It dries quickly and I didn't have any issues with bubbling despite how much polish I had to use. Using a light touch helped too.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




All About the Glam is pretty and soft. I have come around to the idea of wearing white polish, and I like this because it's not a stark white. The shimmer is pretty and strong.

If you like this polish, they generally retail for around $8 and you can find them at Ulta, Target and other drugstores. You can also probably easily find them on Amazon or eBay for comparable prices.

8 comments:

  1. The shimmer really makes the difference with the white. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does-- keeps it from being too stark. I love it!

      Delete
  2. This is such a gorgeous white! But the Kardashians... I just can't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. I had a moment of weakness. Curse them for creating some cool polishes!

      Delete
  3. I like this, it has such a beautiful shimmer to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, unfortunately, kind of love the Kardashians in a "they are so ridiculous, I need to watch" sort of way. And the stupid polish is pretty, so I have several from their collections.

    I always say "i'm not going to buy NOPI anymore because I hate the bottles" but I always find a color that I just love! Drat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NOPI bottles are so terrible. Who thought they were a good idea?

      Delete