Monday, July 2, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Fan Collection: Halcyon

Tonight I have the last polish from the Rescue Beauty Fan Collection, Halcyon. Given that one of the definitions of halcyon is calm, peaceful, tranquil, it makes sense that the description of Halcyon is this: "Danielle's dream color is a soft, sage green with a pink glimmer of brilliant reflective shine, just like when the morning dew tenderly kisses a succulent plant. The beauty of succulents keeps her calm and serene."

Certainly this polish does have a very serene feel to it, the more I look at it. It was a bit darker than I anticipated originally, but is a really beautiful polish. The pink shimmer is very dominant, even in the dark sage green base. Halcyon is extremely well pigmented polish, and this is two easy coats. It does dry to a matte finish so you definitely need a top coat with this.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


Bottle shot:

Halcyon is such a pretty soft sage green polish and the pink shimmer makes it unique. This polish is still available on the Rescue Beauty site for $20.

3 comments:

  1. I get the feeling a person's skin tone really makes or breaks this one. It's quite stunning on you. I can't decide if I've got too much yellow or not enough, but I don't see myself pulling this one off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You might be right-- this color is kind of a weird one.

      Delete
  2. Wow, love this! I love green nail polish:)

    ReplyDelete