Friday, July 13, 2012

Dior Saint Tropez

Tonight I have the other polish from Dior's Croisette Collection - Saint Tropez, so named for the town located on the French Riviera. Saint Tropex is a gorgeous aqua turquoise color, very reminiscent of the turquiose water of the Mediterranean (or the Cote d'Azur as it's known). Or so I assume, because I've never actually been there! But considering all the pictures I've seen, I'd say it's close.

Again, I was not disappointed with the formula on Saint Tropez! It was very easy to work with- nicely pigmented and went on smoothly and dried quickly. I did use three coats here, but probably could have gotten away with two. I also think there's a very subtle shimmer in this polish-- you can maybe see it in the picture with flash.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Isn't this gorgeous? I know there are a lot of similar colors out there, but I love the way this looks. I think this would be great as a pedi or in some combination with Bikini. So, color me impressed with Dior polish right now. Yes, it's expensive but I think in this case it's well worth. Not that I'm going to go out and buy solely Dior polishes (because they are expensive) but I can see why people like them and will shell out the money for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment