Monday, July 23, 2012

Julep Lynn

Tonight I have one of the polishes from my July Julep Maven box, Julep Lynn, which is described as a "nude blush pearl." Unfortunately, I am still not really in love with Julep's pearl polishes. I feel like they're hard to control and I dislike the frosty, brushstrokey finish.

I used three coats of Lynn here without a top coat. The formula on Lynn was ok-- you really need to use thin coats to make this work. However, using thinner coats also makes Lynn slightly sheer. 

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


This reminds me of Lex Cosmetics First Grade-- another peachy pink polish with a frost finish. Disappointing! I like the color but hate the finish. I don't know if it's because my grandmother's name just happens to be Lynn as well, but this really screams "grandma" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment