Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dior Bikini

Tonight's polish is from a brand that I haven't featured yet, though I do own a few polishes from it. It's Dior Bikini, from their Croisette Summer 2012 Collection. This collection was inspired by the French Riviera and this is one of two polishes that was in the collection. Bikini is described as a "fresh, glamorous coral." Like other polishes I've featured lately, (Chanel Orange Fizz and Julep Sasha) this is a pink leaning melon coral.

This was the first Dior polish I actually used. And I love it! The brush is wide and easy to use, which I love because of my large nails. Bikini went on smoothly and easy-- I used three coats in my photos, though I think you could get away with two. It was a little streaky in the first coat, and I used three to make sure that I had completely eliminated any streaks. I didn't write it down, but if I remember correctly this dried fairly quickly as well.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Again, this color is one of my favorites. Perfect for summer! It's a little pricey at $23 per bottle, but I think you can see it in the quality of the polish, just because of the great formula. However, you can definitely find cheaper alternatives out there. I totally see a chic French woman wearing this (and a white bikini) as she lies by the pool. I'm jealous of this woman already! How can I get her life?

I hope everyone is having a good week-- summer has come to Seattle and it's been beautiful! Hope you're all out there enjoying the sun!

3 comments:

  1. This colour looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect summer color. I have yet to pick up a Dior polish - but I hope to in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color! Cute new layout, too... It's amazing how changing the background gives a blog a whole new feel. How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete