Thursday, July 26, 2012

Julep O Canada

Tonight's polish is an add-on to my July Maven box. Technically I wasn't supposed to, but I couldn't resist because of this polish! This is O Canada, which Julep made for their Canadian customers to celebrate Canada Day. At $4.99, I had to have it!

O Canada is a  "sheer glitter with accent of cardinal red" and in this case, the sheer glitter is iridescent and very sparkly. Here I decided to swatch O Canada over my bare nails-- something I rarely do! But I couldn't decide what base color to use, so I figured I would just show it to you alone. Here I have used three coats of O Canada and my Essie Good to Go top coat. I like that the red hex glitter doesn't over power the smaller iridescent glitter. I also think you'd kill yourself trying to make this actually opaque, but considering how pretty it is over just a bare nail, I bet it would really pretty over a nude polish.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light -sun:


Another fabulous glitter polish from Julep! I want to try this over a bunch of different base colors-- I think it's really pretty!

1 comment:

  1. I like O Canada! I didn't get it because I was trying to be good but who am I kidding? I am a shopaholic and I should just buy O Canada! LOL

    ReplyDelete