Friday, March 2, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Ani

After an incredibly long time without any posts, I'm finally back! Tonight's polish is from Rescue Beauty Lounge, Ani. I am not sure when this color was originally released, but it's been in the RBL line up for some time-- however, it is currently sold out. I picked this up on a whim when Ji announced it was running low and managed to score one of the last bottles.

Ani is described as "a shimmery, semi-transparent golden beige, as if you could dip your nails in nacre.
Slightly bohemian, so pile on a stack of jangly bracelets." Ani definitely has a cool, funky neutral feel to it and I love iridescent shimmer laced throughout. The first time I pulled this out I wasn't entirely sure I liked this color, but I found I liked it a lot more when I went back to swatch it.

Ani was fairly sheer with the first coat, but built up to opacity in three coats. It's shimmery, and you have to be a little bit careful with your brushstrokes, but it doesn't have a frosty finish. The formula of Ani is nice and it went on really smoothly.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:

Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:


As I said earlier, Ani is currently sold out, but you should be able to vote for it the next Bring It Back vote, if there is another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment