Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Zoya Kristen

Tonight's polish is Zoya Kristen. I love this polish! Zoya describes Kristen as a "gull gray nail polish with a mild bluish hue. An ideal cool neutral color that covers fully opaque in 2 coats." At first glance, this description seems way, way off. Kristen doesn't have a mild bluish hue-- it has a predominant blue hue. However, there were certain lights and angles where I could see why they used "gull gray" as a descriptor-- but let's be honest: Kristen is an awesome blue neutral polish.

I found the formula on Kristen to be a little thick-- you can see on my middle finger that the polish is a little gloppy, though I also think that's because I didn't do a very good job of applying it. I only needed two coats to get full coverage, and again, I am not wearing a top coat in these pictures. My pictures also make Kristen seem a lot brighter than it actually is. While the polish is definitely blue, it has a dusty gray quality to it and isn't a bright blue, hence why it works as a neutral polish.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


Kristen is a fantastic polish and definitely my favorite from the Feel Collection. It looks great on your fingers! And even though it's blue, it works as a great "non-traditional" neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment