Sunday, March 18, 2012

Julep Rachel

I feel like I'm forever behind! Today's polish is Julep Rachel, from Julep's Oscar Collection, which was released in February to celebrate the Oscars. To the best of my of my knowledge, all the polishes are named after Oscar winners and/or nominees. I can only assume that Rachel is named after Rachel Weisz, who won a Supporting Actress award for her work in The Constant Gardener. At least, I hope this polish is named after her, because she's beautiful (and talented) and so is this polish and I can definitely see it being inspired by her.

Julep describes Rachel as a "warm, rich copper shimmer." And who can argue with that? Rachel is truly gorgeous-- lots of multicolor shimmer in warm copper base color. Like other shimmer polishes from Julep, this one does have some streaking issues, especially if you get too much polish on the brush. Using thin coats work best. It is very pigmented and almost a one coater, even with thin coats.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:



Natural light - shade:



Rachel is currently for sale on Julep's website for $14. I have also read that Julep polishes are also for sale at Sephora now, though I do not currently see them listed on Sephora's website and I'm not sure if they will be, or if they will only be available in stores.

2 comments: