Friday, March 30, 2012

Zoya Megan

Tonight's polish is the last polish from Zoya's Feel Collection is Megan. Zoya describes as a " a full coverage, taupe gray cream. An ideal winter neutral nail polish color that covers fully in 2 coats." Traditionally, most of us think of taupe of a greyish brown, but according to Wikipedia, taupe encompasses a wide range of colors, including pink and lavender. Which... is a little weird, but whatever. I probably wouldn't have used taupe in the description, as to my eyes (and camera) Megan comes across as mostly a  purplish gray (but I'm no color expert). To my eyes, Megan is more purple than Kendal, and both as these are not as gray as Carey. I tried to photograph these three together to show you the gradient, but had difficulties capturing them accurately. I 'll do a round-up tomorrow and compare them.

Megan was similar in terms of formula to the other polishes from the Feel Collection. It was a little streaky in the first coat, but evened out and was opaque in just two coats. There were indeed a few angles where I could see the taupe aspects of this polish, but my camera only captured the purple. Again, I didn't wear a top coat in these pictures.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


I have no idea why my natural light pictures lean so blue, but rest assured, Megan is purple not blue. This was kind of a weird polish (in terms of color) but I still like it. I'm not sure if it would be flattering on everyone, but I find it very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment