Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cult Nails Mazo

For once, I can be ahead of the curve! Mostly, anyway! The polish I have for you today is Mazo, from Cult Nails new collection Let's Get Nekkid! These polishes were released in mid-February and I actually swatched them right after I got them, but of course haven't gotten around to posting them until now! However, I haven't seen these all over the place, so I feel like I'm sort of on top of things for once. I can dream, right?

The Cult Nails Let's Get Nekkid! Collection was inspired by a dream Maria had in which she made a collection of nudes inspired by the skin shades of her family. If you would like to read more about her inspiration, you can read her blog post here. Mazo is a "subtle sheer light tan, with gold shimmer" and is inspired by Maria's mother. 

Mazo is definitely sheer, but I used three coats in my pictures below (I just have an innate urge to make everything opaque, sorry!). I personally found the formula on Mazo to be a little bit runny but definitely workable and went on pretty smoothly. I think I just ended up with too much polish on my brush and that gave me some problems so it should be an easy fix in the future. The golden shimmer is fairly dominant, and looks great.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:

Shimmer! Gorgeous golden shimmer!




I think Mazo is a little yellow for my skin, but I still really like it. And quite honestly, I feel like this color would look better on me if I had left it sheer. That's right, I said it! The shimmer is fantastic. I am going to try this again wearing it sheer, as Maria intended. I think it will look fantastic in the summer when I need pretty shimmery neutral with a tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment