Saturday, March 24, 2012

Zoya Kendal

Today's polish is Zoya Kendal, yet another polish from Zoya's Feel Collection. Zoya describes Kendal as a "lavender, beige cream nail polish shade. An ideal winter neutral nail polish color that covers fully in 2 coats." While I can't call this beige (except it's also a neutral... so it's also beige? I'm confused) it's definitely lavender, and even perhaps slightly grey-- though definitely mostly lavender.

 Kendal had a decent formula, though not entirely without problems. I found the first coat to be a little streaky, but a second coat evened everything out and fixed all the problems with streaks-- I have used two coats in my pictures below. Like the two other polishes I've already shown from the Feel Collection, I'm not wearing a top coat over Kendal here.
Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


I wore Kendal to a work conference recently and it was perfectly appropriate-- it didn't call any undue attention to my nails but they looked nice and professional. Hard to go wrong there! It also wore very well-- I didn't have any issues with chipping until the morning we left, but I had worn the manicure a full five days at that point. I really like Kendal and I like the idea of a neutral that's not pink or beige.

1 comment:

  1. I like this color. I'm not too fond of neutrals or beige, but this is a lovely soft shade that I liked wearing.

    ReplyDelete