Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Zoya Avery

Ok, you can see how far behind I am-- today I am going to start reviewing the Feel Collection from Zoya. This was a collection of six neutral polishes that Zoya released this past November. The idea was that they were supposed to be full coverage, creamy neutrals that would be flattering for everyone. Even though these were released at the beginning of winter, they are all very soft and wearable all year around, so I don't think it's too bad that we're now into spring and I'm finally getting them on the blog.

Avery is described by Zoya as a "full coverage, blond-beige cream. An ideal cool neutral color that covers fully opaque in 2 coats." Blonde-beige is a good description, as Avery is a slightly yellow leaning beige. You can see in my pictures that Avery is pretty close to my skin color, at least in some lighting conditions.

I found Avery to be a little runny in terms of formula, but it applied fairly well. It was a little streaky in the first coat, but a light touch and another coat gave me good opaque coverage and no streaks. Avery also dried to nice shine-- I am not wearing a top coat in the pictures below.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


I think Avery is a really nice neutral-- I am trying to decide if it's too yellow for my skin but even if it is, I really like this polish and can definitely see myself wearing it in the future. Sometimes you just crave a neutral, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment