Friday, March 23, 2012

Zoya Carey

Tonight's polish is Zoya Carey, another polish from Zoya's Feel Collection. Zoya calls Carey a "periwinkle gray. An ideal cool neutral color that covers fully opaque in 2 coats." Personally, I don't get periwinkle from this polish at all, just gray. Especially when compared to the two other polishes in this collection that have purple leaning tendencies (you'll see them later!), Carey doesn't seem to lean purple at all... just a middle-of-the-road gray. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing-- I just feel the description is not quite accurate. Except now I look at my pictures and it does look there is some purple in there! Oh well. It definitely looks more gray in real life.

Carey was pretty good in terms of formula and I had no problems when I applied her. She was very well pigmented and almost went on perfectly in one coat. I used two coats here and no top coat for my pictures below.

Artificial light with flash:
"

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


I am not sure why this last picture looks so blue/purple. I feel like the flash/artificial light pictures are more color accurate. Carey is a great grey creme polish and I loved how easy it was to apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment