Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cult Nails Toxic Seaweed

Tonight's polish is the last from the Let's Get Nekkid Collection. Toxic Seaweed is a polish that Maria jokingly referred to as her alien neutral. Toxic Seaweed was a lab mistake that Maria made a few changes to and then decided to release it with this collection.

Toxic Seaweed is amazing, seriously. It's green and gold glitter with red and orange flakies in a sheer teal base (making it a great polish for St. Patrick's Day as well). I find the formula to be a little thick, but workable. One coat gave pretty good coverage, but I used two coats in my pictures below. There is still a little bit of visible nail line, so I think either three coats or potentially using this over a teal base color would be perfect if you want completely opaque coverage. Toxic Seaweed dried pretty quickly, but also dried very gritty, so you'll definitely need to us a top coat at the end.
Toxic Seaweed is one of those polishes that convinces me I'm a glitter fiend even though I say I'm not. I'll be the first to say that the thought of flakies and glitter was a little weird, but it works so well in this polish. I could not stop staring at my nails. This polish is mesmerizing. And don't kill me, but this makes me think of Christmas, with the green and gold and red. LOVE IT.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:



Natural light - shade:




Toxic Seaweed is sadly a limited edition polish due to limited availability of the flakies that Maria uses and so when the polish is gone, it's gone forever unless this issue is resolved (which at this time seems unlikely). So if you like it, I would snag it sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment