Monday, March 19, 2012

Julep Elizabeth

Today I have another polish from the Julep Oscar Collection- Elizabeth. I am guessing that this particular polish is named after the late, great Elizabeth Taylor, who won two Academy Awards. She's also considered one of the best known actresses of all time, so it makes sense to name a polish after her.

Julep describes Elizabeth as  a "midnight blue with a hint of shimmer" and I can also imagine that the color of Elizabeth was inspired by Taylor's famous eyes. This is a gorgeous deep blue polish that is chock full of blue and pink shimmer. It's very dark and has the tendency to look black inside, but you can definitely tell it's blue outside. The formula on Elizabeth was really nice and the polish is dark enough that if there were any issues with streaking it was hard to tell. I only used one coat in the pictures below, though I think that two might be better to prevent any patchiness. The shimmer was also pretty subtle on the nail, but still there.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:




This is a really pretty blue. I'm not thrilled with my pictures-- I had a tough time capturing Elizabeth, but I think you can see the shimmer pretty well. I'm curious to see how Elizabeth compares to OPI Russian Navy, which is a similar color/shimmer and one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment