Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Julep Oscar

Lastly, we have the crown of Julep's Oscar Collection - Oscar himself! Fittingly for a polish named after a little golden statue, Oscar is sparkly round gold glitter suspended in a clear base. There's really not that much else to say!

I used two coats of Oscar in my pictures below and you can see it's mostly opaque in two coats. It does get a little thin at the tips of my nails, but this could probably be remedied with with a third coat or with strategic glitter placement. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage-- I expected to be a lot less dense. Also surprising was the fact that Oscar dried fairly smooth (I was expecting it to be bumpy) and I actually didn't use a top coat in my pictures. If I was going to wear this as a full manicure I would definitely add a layer or two of top coat, but it was impressive that I felt I didn't need to add a top coat for these pictures!

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


Oscar isn't a wholly original glitter polish, but it was easy to work with and really nice for what it is. If you are looking for a straight up gold glitter polish, this is a good option (plus, I have to say I don't know of any other gold glitter polishes, though I'm sure they exist)! It's a little pricey at $14 a bottle, but if you are a Julep Maven you get 20% off and Julep seems to be having promos on a regular basis, so you may be able to get a bottle at a discounted price.

No comments:

Post a Comment