Thursday, July 21, 2011

OPI Steady As She Rose

The third polish in OPI's Pirates Collection is Steady As She Rose. The name would imply that this a rose color-- which in my mind, means pink. However, Steady As She Rose isn't just a simple pink polish. Like the other polishes in this collection, it has a certain dusky, greyed out quality to it, in addition to have some slightly lavender elements to it (at least in my eyes). This is a polish that could definitely qualify as "neutral" for the work environment because it's such a pale color-- but it's still really pretty and soft. This applied pretty smoothly and I believe that I used two coats on most of my nails, but did need three coats on some nails to make sure there was no patchiness. I used OPI's Natural Nail base coat and Essie's Good to Go top coat.

Artificial light (looks a little more grey here):

Artificial light with flash (you can really see the pink here):

Natural light - shade (looks slightly more lavender here):

Natural light - sun:

I liked this color I lot more than I anticipated-- very pretty and soft and feminine, while being a little different and funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment