Sunday, July 24, 2011

OPI Planks A Lot

The second to last polish in OPI's Pirates Collection is Planks A Lot. The name is not descriptive at all-- this polish is a dusky medium purple-- you could call this lavender, I think. This is one of those colors I should love, and indeed, it is a really pretty lavender color-- however, just looking at these pictures, I'm a little bit underwhelmed by it. Which is a shame, given how pretty it is. And that's not to say I won't wear it, because I will, but that it doesn't jump out at me.

I used two coats here and thought I was good to go, but clearly you can see I have several areas of patchiness on my nails and needed another coat of polish. Yikes! Maybe if I had been more diligent about my application, but I'd say three coats to be safe. I used OPI's Natural Nail base coast and Essie's Good to Go top coat.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:

No comments:

Post a Comment