Thursday, July 21, 2011

China Glaze Crackle Metals - Cracked Medallion and Tarnished Gold

In a little break from all the creme polishes you've been seeing lately here, I have a quick little break with a couple of the new crackle polishes from China Glaze. These two, Cracked Medallion and Tarnished Gold are part of the China Glaze's Crackle Metal collection, released this summer with a total of six new chrome/sparkly crackle polishes. Just an FYI, this post is pretty picture heavy!

Cracked Medallion is a bronze crackle. Here I have it layered over Zoya's Tamsen. I love the color combo, but I think I didn't wait long enough for my polish to dry, because only one finger cracked really well, much to my disappointment. I am going to show one picture like usual, but then I'll just show you close ups of the finger that did crack really well.


See what I mean? I still think it looks kind of cool, even though it didn't crack properly, but I was still disappointed.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:

I think this is a lot of fun, I think I just needed to wait longer to apply the crackle polish, because it definitely did not crackle the way I have seen it crackle on other blogs. Boo!

Next up is Tarnished Gold, a crackle I have really been looking forward to. As the name suggests, this is a metallic gold crackle. I like this gold because it seems to fall pretty squarely in the "gold" category-- not too pale, and not too green/bronze. A nice medium yellow gold. Here I have layered it over Zoya's Mira, mainly because purple and gold are the colors of my alma mater, and I am hoping to break out some combinations of this during football season this fall! (Only 6ish weeks away!) Unfortunately, I had the same problems with this that I did with Cracked Medallion, and it didn't crack really well, except on one finger. The effect is kind of cool, but not really what I was going for.


Again, it's cool, but not really the look I was going for, which was a bummer.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:

I think this looks cool and has potential-- just wish it had cracked better here. But I will do some more playing around with it and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment