Thursday, May 5, 2016

Zoya Leia

I'm starting off my month of Star Wars manicures with a polish named after one of my favorite movie heroines and all around general (that's General to you) badass, Princess Leia! Ok, so I don't actually know if Zoya Leia was named after her, but seriously... what other famous Leia do you know?! Part of the reason I bought the entire Petals collection was because of this polish. (I kid, but also kind of not.) Leia is described as a "sheer, opalescent white with flecks of fuchsia, green and gold." This shade can be worn alone, or topped over another polish. And if the name isn't enough to make you think Princess Leia, the fact that it's a white polish, which is the only color she wears in the first two movies, is probably also a clue!

The formula of Leia is pretty decent. Because it's really designed as a topper, it is on the sheer side. As you can tell in my photos, there is still visible nail line, even after several coats (I think I used four coats here?) bit if you have smaller nails you might be able to get it opaque. The formula is pretty good, though, and goes on smoothly and evenly. If anything, the formula is on the thicker side, but is easy to apply. 



In photos I'm wearing Leia alone, and while I think it looks okay, I'd like to play around with layering her over some other polishes! It's pretty as is, but not a look that I like sporting every day. What do you think of Leia? What colors should I layer her over?

5 comments:

  1. Its sparkly but I would probably layer it over another color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you could layer it over a white or a nude to keep it close to Princess Leia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leia is gorgeous. I like wearing her alone, but then again I've never been a VNL nazi either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely layer her. I'm not a VNL nazi, but I think she looks best over something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, its a little known flower, a type of lily I guess. But yes to General Leia being reminiscent of this polish! I swatched and played with this one too. I think it looks really nice over black.

    ReplyDelete