Thursday, May 19, 2016

Darling Diva I Know

Oh this one... Of course I had to include Darling Diva I Know in my famous quotes section (and of course, also from ESB). The line "I know" came about as an ad lib-- rumor has it that Lucas had written a more cliched response for Han when Leia announces she loves him just prior to Han being frozen in carbonite but when they went to film the scene, Harrison Ford either forgot his line or decided spur of the moment that Han Solo would say something sassy, and "I know" became a part of film history. (The story also goes that Lucas wasn't very happy about it, but was overruled... and sorry Lucas, but it's honestly a lot better than some sappy response.)

I Know is a deep metallic magenta holo with blue microglitter in it. Because it is more metallic in nature, it does want to leave streaks when you have excess polish on your brush/nail, but they are pretty easy to take care of. The formula was a little bit on the thick side, but not bad. It was pretty easy to apply in general, though I think it did thicken up a bit as I was using it. Still, it went on easily enough. My only quibble is that it dried a little bumpy looking, either because of the microglitter or maybe my coats were too thick (I think it's the microglitter but maybe someone has a better explanation). It's a small quibble. I used three coats in all, though I feel like you could probably get away with two. 



I think I Know is just gorgeous. For some reason, to me, this color just works for the quote. I'm not quite sure why that is, because this isn't a color that's prevalent in the movie at all. Maybe it's because it's a romantic color, but not totally traditional? We'll go with that. I love how deep and rich it is, and the blue microglitter gives it some added depth and interest. It feels right!

5 comments:

  1. This polish is so pretty! I want a bottle now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this polish- it's arguably my favorite from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Diva always puts out the best colors. This looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning shade! I love how glowy it is.

    ReplyDelete