Monday, October 31, 2011

My Halloween Manicure: Sally Hansen Pumpkin Spice

I am wearing a pretty simple Halloween manicure. Pumpkin Spice was released as part of Sally Hansen's fall collection-- not necessarily for Halloween. However, the colors in the polish make it a pretty Halloweeny polish. Pumpkin Spice is orange glitter suspended in dark brown or black base (it's hard to tell and I've read conflicting things on other blogs). At first, even though a lot of bloggers raved about this polish and I wasn't immediately impressed. I saw this polish all over the place and deliberately didn't picked it up. But seeing all these pictures grew on me and I decided to snag a bottle before they all vanish-- inevitably there would be only one bottle of the polish left. So I finally snatched it up and I'm glad I did. It's really pretty and works for both fall and for Halloween.

I decided than rather to try and make it opaque by building up coats of the glitter, I decided to layer it over my dud version of Black Magic. In these pictures I used three coats of Pumpkin Spice. It applied really well and personally I love the way it looks over the black base.

Artificial light:



Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:



Isn't it pretty? I really want to try this over a deep red or a brown. I think it would be gorgeous over one of those colors.

Happy Halloween, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment