Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Two-fer Tuesday: Sinful Colors Hazed and Truth or Lavendare

These two polishes have been kicking around for awhile (since last summer/early fall, I think) and it's time to get them on the blog before they fall off the cliff into ancient history. As it's been awhile since I wore them, my notes are nonexistent so I'm throwing in the same post rather than making two separate ones because honestly, I don't know how  much I have to say about them individually! Hazed and Truth or Lavendare are both from the Chalkboard Diaries collection, which featured a rainbow of polishes that dried to a demi-matte finish. I love mattes, so I scooped up all the ones I could find them! As the two purples of the collection, I was of course immediately intrigued by these and was not disappointed!

Hazed is a red toned magenta, I would say. These colors are hard to describe! Maybe a vibrant red-toned plum? I've seen a lot of other people calling it violet, though that's definitely not the word that springs to my mind. In any case, no matter how you describe, it's a pretty freaking beautiful polish. The formula was good and easy to apply (aka not too thick). I can't remember how many coats I applied, but it was 2-3 and I don't remember having any issues.



Truth or Lavendare is, you guessed it, a lavender purple! This had a good formula and went on pretty smoothly, though was probably just a touch thick (as you can imagine, I don't actually remember how many coats I used, but it was probably three). I apologize for the awful paint job-- yikes! My clean up has gotten a little better recently



Sorry it's taken ages to get these polishes on the blog-- I shouldn't have waited so long! I guess I could have made this a Throwback Thursday post, haha! In the end, I really like both of these polishes and they were definitely standouts in this collection (I technically still have two more to wear from this collection... I should really dig those out asap! Both Hazed and Truth or Lavendare were easy to apply and wear and I liked both of them a lot! I am also a big fan of the demi/satin matte finish, though it doesn't tend to last very long because I beat my hands up. I consider both of these to be winners! 

7 comments:

  1. Nice swatches of both colors. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both lovely shades of purple. I really enjoy Sinful Colors for the most part, but my local stores never seem to get the newer collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches! I love that lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful swatches! I especially love the purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful swatches! I especially love the purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember these, haha! I liked the demi matte finish, too!

    ReplyDelete