Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Love Angeline Champagne

Today I have another polish I picked up from Love Angeline, also from the Let's Grab a Drink collection-- today we're breaking out the bubbly and having some Champagne! (Or as Zapp Brannigan would say "cham-pagan"!) Champagne is a gorgeous deep pink with a very strong blue shimmer, and bonus, it dries to a matte finish!

Unlike Shandy, sadly, I found the formula on Champagne to be a bit more difficult to work with. It was a little on the thicker side, but also had an almost jelly-like feel to it, so when I was applying it there was some patchiness and I didn't get it completely even looking. I used three coats in my photos below. I feel like I almost could have used a fourth coat, because I felt it was still a bit patchy, but three was enough to make me feel okay.



The finished product is definitely gorgeous, though even at three coats Champagne was still a bit uneven and could have used a fourth one. The next time I wear this I will probably also apply my first coat(s) a little more carefully, which might help. I think this color is currently retired from the Love Angeline line up, so sorry about that if you really love it!

5 comments:

  1. Great review and swatch. The final product looks great on your nails, but a polish has to be a stunner for me to work through a difficult formula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade looks awesome on you, bummer for its formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting color. Its too bad about the formula.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this same issue with her stuff. I'm starting to get turned off. The color is amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had some formula issues with that brand as well. Too bad, the color is pretty!

    ReplyDelete