Thursday, April 7, 2016

A England Incense Burner

Oh man, I haven't posted an A England polish on the blog in, well, a really freaking long time. Which is not because there aren't awesome A England polishes coming out (there are), it's because I'm letting ones that I have languish and I haven't been keeping up with all the releases (what do you mean I can't have all the polish?!) so A England has been a brand that has fallen by the wayside. Which is a real shame, because I always love the collections Adina dreams up and they are always gorgeous and have such an interesting story behind them. When Llarowe decided to close up shop as a stockist and focus on her own polish line, I managed to snag a (newish) A England polish, Incense Burner, which was released as part of the Rossetti's Goddess collection. Incense Burner is described as "velvety, mysterious and hypnotic dark plum with the chromatic diversity of brown, green, mauve reflections of an antique bronze vessel."

As with most A England polishes, Incense Burner was super easy to work with. Nicely pigment, smooth easy formula-- pretty much applies itself, no issues! Because I work this a long time ago (thank again, laptop crash), I don't remember how many coats I wore, but it was probably two, given how nice the formula is.



I took some photos with my iPhone to try and capture the shift and shimmer (yes, this is the same polish!):


I really need to work on my photography skills (though my photography windows are severely limited due to mainly changing polish at night) because Incense Burner is a pretty complex polish and my photos do not do it justice at all, at least in terms of capturing the green shimmer that lurks there! I am super happy I snagged this polish, as with any A England, because they are always impeccable and unique and I'm very happy with Incense Burner!

6 comments:

  1. I too love A England polishes. Great formulas and complex finishes. Incense Burner looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a-england always makes great polishes! I love rich colors like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shift is awesome! I got one once and had no idea that it was shifty until I wore it, it was such a great surprise. I don't have this one but it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks nice and its great to hear you liked the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any A England yet! It looks like a fun polish though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I apply an A England, I'm blown away by the amazing formulas! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete