Monday, April 4, 2016

Julep Jenica

I know we're heading into spring (at least we were last week) but at the same time I was craving some dark. But not too dark! I do tend to follow general trends for the seasons-- and usually I like brights and pastels as we move into spring. But even with the change of seasons, I found myself craving something dark. So I picked up Julep Jenica, which was in a Maven box at some point, though it has been so long now that I can't remember which one it was. Jenica is described as a "wrought iron metallic" and I think that sums it up pretty nicely.

The formula of Jenica was good. Just a touch on the thick side, but generally I didn't have any trouble applying it. As a metallic, you do have to be a bit careful of brushstrokes, but I certainly did have a problem with them while I was applying it. I think I only needed two coats to get the coverage I wanted. Jenica also dried fairly quickly, which is pretty common with a metallic finish.



I really like Jenica-- it reminds me of very shiny graphite. I haven't featured many Julep polishes lately, but I generally find them to be decent, especially since they changed to their oxygen formula. No complaints from me; this polish was easy to work with and I really liked the color; it was exactly what I wanted!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, totally a metallic graphite!! Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! I wouldn't wear it right now, because I quite sensitive to seasons (to weather, mostly), but I'd definitely wear it during winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous color! I would definitely wear it in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julep was my gateway to indie brand so I will always have a soft spot for the brand but I don't love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it was hailing this morning and I wore a winter coat today so dark colors still work in my book, lol!

    ReplyDelete