Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Royal Wedding/Spring Football manicure!

So how do you combine a Royal Wedding and Spring Football? With a manicure, of course!

I had some great ideas about potential manicures for the royal wedding, like using a polish from butter London (since they're British, of course!) but with UW spring football game today I decided to combine the two! And conveniently, since purple is one of UW's colors and it also happens to be the color associated with royalty... tada! 

I decided I had the perfect new polish: Ultra Violet by Estée Lauder. I originally saw this polish reviewed over at All Lacquered Up and wanted it pretty much immediately. It's a red-based purple glitter and is so beautiful. This now becomes the most expensive polish I own at $19 (but I don't have any Dior ($21) or Chanel ($25) yet, but we'll get there, I'm sure!) but it applied really easily, dried very quickly and was super easy to work with.

Anyway, here are some photos: I'm not thrilled with how my photos have been turning out recently, so I'm playing around with stuff. Hopefully I can find a solution.

Indoors with flash:

In the sun:

Looking a bit more red:
 
Close-up of the glitter in the bottle:

No comments:

Post a Comment