Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cult Nails Cruisin' Nude

Tonight's polish is Cult Nails Cruisin' Nude. I apologize for yet another nude/neutral polish, but this one is really pretty! Don't worry, I have lots of colorful polish swatches kicking around, but I had this swatch waiting to be posted with the polishes from the Cult Nails Let's Get Nekkid Collection... and totally forgot about it! Whoops!

Cruisin' Nude was one of the polishes in Cult Nails Day at the Races Collection, which was the second collection that Maria released. Maria describes Cruisin' Nude as the "perfect nude polish laced with pink shimmer." I would say that Cruisin' Nude is a gorgeous cafe au lait shade with a pink shimmer that's there, but not overpowering. The formula was pretty good, but maybe a little thin. However, it was completely opaque in two coats. Additionally, my pictures below don't have a top coat.

Artificial light with flash:

This picture is the best for being able to see the gorgeous pink shimmer that runs through this polish. So pretty!

Artificial light:


Ugh, I hate how yellow the lights are in my house. I need an Ottlite!

Natural light - shade:


Unfortunately, you totally lose the pink shimmer in the shade!

Part of me has to wonder if I got a dud bottle-- this bottle of Cruisin' Nude was purchased during the color's second run. Of course, I have no doubt that Maria color matches her polishes (she has talked about this on several occasions) but I feel like my bottle looks much darker than the other swatches I've seen out there on the internet, in which Cruisin' Nude looks much lighter. Maybe it's just lighting differences and differences in skin tone between swatchers-- this can definitely the affect the way a polish looks. Maybe it's just my imagination. However, despite the fact that I'm not convinced it matches other bottles, this is still a really pretty neutral polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment