Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cult Nails Scandalous

Tonight I have the next polish from Cult Nails Divas and Drama Collection - Scandalous! This was probably the polish I was most anticipating from this collection. I love cantaloupe looking oranges and corals, so I was looking forward to getting my hands on Scandalous.

Maria created this polish after chatting with another blogger, Scandalous Ange. Originally Scandalous started as a creamsicle color, but Maria says this about it: "I wanted to try to create something that would walk the line between a pastel orange and a vivid or neon orange and still be that jelly/creme in the creamsicle color that Ange wanted." The result was is a "pastel coral jelly polish."

Like Maria's other jelly/creme hybrid polishes, Scandalous goes on slightly sheer and is buildable to opacity in about 2-3 coats. I used 3 coats in my pictures below. The formula is great-- it goes on smoothly and dries pretty quickly. It also dries glossy-- I'm not wearing a top coat in the pictures. My photos show Scandalous pulling extremely coral, but in real life it definitely is more orange, only taking on a more coral hue in certain lights.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:


I feel like the sun pictures are a more representative depiction of the color-- it's more orange here and less pink.

Great formula, love the juicy looking finish. I love how summery and happy this polish this is. I will be definitely be wearing it during the summer!

2 comments:

  1. I love this color. Perfectly lovely summer color. I feel like this will definitely be on my toes a bunch this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am itching to switch things up and do this as a mani color with Enticing on my toes. But I bet I will be wearing this on my toes during the summer.

      Delete