Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cult Nails Enticing

Tonight I have the first polish from the new Cults Nails release! This collection is called Divas & Drama and the first polish I have for you is Enticing! Maria, the owner of Cult Nails, is putting out a ton of collections this year and so far she's hitting a home run with all of them!

Maria made Enticing for a friend who only wears sheer pink polish-- and apparently Maria has had a lot of requests for a sheer pink polish so she decided that it was time to make one for her line. And so we have Enticing. I will be upfront and say: sheer pink polishes aren't my thing. But Maria did all of us a favor and made a semi-sheer polish that you can build up to opacity!

Enticing is described by Maria as "a very sheer pale milky pink. It is delicate in color but buildable to an almost opaque finish." It also has a lovely subtle shimmer. It's very feminine and delicate and best of all, can be sheer or opaque. I have only used two coats in my pictures below to show you the line between sheer and opaque. Two coats is *almost* opaque, but not quite. I also used slightly thicker coats, and because of that, I found that Enticing dried a little slowly. In the future I would probably use thinner coats to help with the dry time.

Artificial light with flash:

You can seem the shimmer nicely here! I feel like the polish looks a little streaky here, but in real life it didn't seem streaky at all.

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:

This is a really flattering color. Gives the nails a nice, healthy pink color that is buildable to opaqueness. I don't usually go for sheer pinks at all, but I love that this can be opaque and I love that is looks so pretty and feminine. The shimmer is subtle but present. I know it's been said a million times, but sometimes it's nice to reach for a polish like this as a breath of fresh air amidst all the funky, out there polishes bloggers usually reach for. This is easy to use and would be flattering on everyone. I actually kind of want to wear this as a pedicure right now.

The only thing I've noticed is that my filing needs some work... my nails don't look like they are the same shape! Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment