Friday, April 13, 2012

Sephora + Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango Matte

Tonight I have my favorite, my absolute FAVORITE from the Sephora + Pantone Universe nail set. Matte isn't a new thing in the world of polish, but of it's a texture that I love and still has novelty value to me. I don't own very many matte polishes (five as of right now) so every one I get is new and fun to me. I'm not tired of them! Plus I don't know of many orange mattes (ManGlaze has a super bright orange one) so that makes this pretty cool.

Like the other polishes in this collection, I found Tangerine Tango Matte to be a little sheer, but otherwise the formula was excellent. Mattes dry quickly and can have thick formulas, but everything about this was perfect. The formula wasn't too thick so it didn't get gooey on the nail and didn't dry so fast that it caused problems. So, excellent! But I did have to use three coats to achieve the look below. However, I think it was totally worth it.

A lot of pictures because I love the way this looks. Unfortunately, I also lost my sun while I was swatching this polish so I don't have any sun pictures. Can't win 'em all! Again, this seems to photographed more red-orange than orange, but trust me, it's definitely orange.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


Isn't this just amazing?! I love it so much. I love how soft and velvety it looks. Not that I'm dying to wrap myself up in orange velvet, but... I couldn't stop staring at my nails. The only thing I didn't do was put top coat on this, so I'm not sure how it looks when it's shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment