Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Pizzicato

Now I am finally going to get around to showing you the most recent Rescue Beauty Lounge collection - L'Oiseau de Feu - or more commonly known as The Firebird, by Stravinsky. This collection was inspired by RBL owner Ji Baek experiencing a hurricane firsthand while on vacation. Originally I only purchased two of the four polishes (and the swatches have been languishing for a couple months) but with the most recent Bring it Back presale, I decided to buy the last two polishes in the collection. This collection of polishes tell a story, so I'm starting with the first one: Pizzicato!

Ji describes Pizzicato thusly: "inspired by the gentle tiny taps of rain droplets as they hit the tin roof, reminiscent of plucked strings. A misty white with the faintest hint of lavender, Pizzicato has a shimmer that acts like prisms of light in a sun shower." 

 Pizzicato is a white based polish with a hint of purple to make it the palest lavender color. I initially feared that this polish would be super sheer, but surprisingly, it's not! The polish had a thicker formula (but not so thick as to be goopy and unmanageable) and pretty nicely pigmented. The first coat was a little streaky, but three coats was plenty to get good coverage and even everything out. I would definitely make sure to wait between layers to make sure they are completely dry and to use a very light touch when applying this polish to avoid dragging and streaking. But considering my fears, three coats is excellent for building up this polish to opacity. There is still a hint of visible nail line, but not enough to bother me. Plus, it's honestly not that noticeable in person-- the camera picks it up.

Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:



I can't believe that originally I passed Pizzicato over. What a mistake! Pizzicato is a lovely delicate polish-- I surprised that I feel in love with it the minute I applied it to my nails.

Pizzicato may actually be my favorite polish out of the whole collection-- though I still have three other polishes to show you!

1 comment:

  1. I like your description of the polish as being delicate. It really captures the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete