Monday, November 21, 2011

Chanel Peridot

So when I decided to take the plunge and actually spend $25 for a single bottle of nail polish, it was because of this polish: Chanel Peridot. Before it was released, Peridot was getting a lot of buzz from the press release pictures and since it is limited edition, I decided to get it before it sold out. However, as of now, it's still available for sale on Chanel's website, so I probably didn't need to worry too much about that.

Perdiot is an olive gold yellow-green duochrome polish. In the bottle, Peridot also shows hints of blue, but this does not show up on the nail at all and I couldn't really get it to photograph either. The formula on Perdiot was excellent-- two coats was all I needed for nice opaque coverage and I don't recall that the formula gave me any issues when I applied it.

Since Peridot is a duochrome, you can really see the green on the edges of nail, as they curve.

Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:



In real light, peridot (pronounced 'doe' on the end, not 'dot') is a yellow-green gemstone that is actually the birthstone for the month of August:


So while the polish Peridot does not exactly recapitulate the gemstone, I think Chanel did a cool interpretation of it. Maybe I wish that the green of the duochrome were a little stronger, but Peridot is an extremely unique polish and I don't have anything else like it. Even though I don't love the price tag, I do love this polish and I'm glad I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment