Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chanel Graphite

And now I have a couple of special polishes... from Chanel!! Graphite is a metallic silver polish with multi-color glitter in it that was released as a part of the Fall 2011 Illusions d'Ombres De Chanel. The collection included three nail polishes, two of which are limited edition. Given that there was a buzz about this collection prior to its release, I decided to buy the two limited edition shades, Peridot and Graphite. It was a bit of a plunge for me, given that Chanel polishes retail for $25 each. Yikes! However, I was very  pleased with these polishes-- they were worth every penny!

Graphite drys in a foil finish and is not completely smooth due to the glitter in the polish. However, this is easily remedied with a layer of topcoat. Graphite went on nicely in two coats and I had no issue with the formula of this polish. Removal was a little bit of pain due to the glitter, but not too bad.

Artificial light:




Artificial light with flash:


With the flash you can really see the multi-color glitter!

Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:



Sorry for the yellow reflection in that last picture-- should have worn a different shirt! I didn't even realize until I started cropping the pictures. There is gold glitter in Graphite, but it is not quite so prominent.

I loved Graphite and am glad I purchased it. Even though it is limited edition, it is still available for sale on Chanel's website and not currently sold out. I'm not sure how long it will be available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment