Thursday, September 1, 2011

Zoya Minka

This summer, in addition to their colorful collections, Zoya also released a set of three "nude" neutral polishes that they call their Touch Collection. All of these are nude cremes with a hint of shimmer and they are suppose to cover in I believe, 1-2 coats. Zoya promotes them as "full coverage".  These colors are not meant to match skin tone, but more the undertones of your skin-- whether they are warm, cool, or neutral. At some point during the summer I picked up the trio of polishes but only got around to trying them out recently. First up is Minka!

Zoya describes Minka as "a pale, milky beige nude with yellow undertones and a hint of pearly silver shimmer. An opaque, full-coverage nude, especially flattering on skin with neutral and olive tones." Personally, I had issues with Minka-- it seemed very streaky to me and I needed 2-3 coats to get rid of patchiness and even it out. A lighter touch might have helped.

In the end, I didn't mind Minka, but I don't think the coloring was particularly flattering with my skin tone. I definitely don't have olive tones in my skin, and while I did like in some lights, I definitely don't think this is the right neutral for me. I did like that the shimmer wasn't too apparent-- I was a little afraid these polishes would fall more on the pearly side. It was just enough to make it interesting, but not overpowering.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Artificial light - sun:

No comments:

Post a Comment