Wednesday, September 28, 2011

OPI Play the Peonies

This is kind of a random week for polishes-- next up is OPI's Play the Peonies. This was released this summer as part of OPI's Nice Stems collection. I recently saw this on sale at my local Bartell Drugs and decided to snag it. I had seen it on a lot of blogs and although my initial reaction to this polish was indifference, seeing a lot of pictures softened me up and since it was on sale I could justify buying it. Play the Peonies is a white-based light pink that has a pronounced fine shimmer/pearl finish.

Here I've used two coats of Play the Peonies. It was a little streaky and patchy-- I managed to even it out pretty nicely in those two coats, but this probably could have used three. There's a little of visible nail line, but I think that's more the camera picking it up than actually being able to see it in real life. More interestingly, I used Cult Nails brand new treatments, Get It On base coat and Wicked Fast top coat. This was the first time I used them and I am highly impressed. I am going to need to use them several more times, but so far I really like them. I usually use Essie as my "go-to" treatments, but I have a feeling Cult Nails new treatments may replace them.

On to the pictures!

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade: 

Natural light - sun: 

In the end, my feelings are still kind of lukewarm about Play the Peonies. It's a nice neutral, sure. It isn't as old feeling as I initially thought it would be. But, it's just kind of an ok polish, at least to me.

2 comments:

  1. It's a nice shade, but I don't think I love it... then again, I am obsessed with purple and blue and silver and sparkles, so maybe I am just not used to sweet, feminine polishes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's basically my feeling about this polish too, which is why I bought it on sale. Might come in handy sometime down the road, but nothing I would really reach for.

    ReplyDelete