Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Essie Made to Honor

The third polish from Essie's 2011 Wedding Collection is Made to Honor. Similar to Better Together, this is a sheer polish, but instead of a sheer pink, Made to Honor is a sheer pinky beige color. I believe this is generally referred to as "your nails, but better", or alternately, it's something close to "mannequin hands". I used four coats to make this mostly opaque. Like Better Together, I had issues with bubbling with Made to Honor, though thankfully it's difficult to see in these pictures. If you look closely, you can also see I had some issues with bubbles in the top coat-- again, I'm not quite sure why that happened. This isn't a terrible polish, and honestly, it's probably a good basic to have in any collection, should you find yourself needing something clean and simple. However, there are other similar colors out there that require less work (mainly fewer coats) that you can find, so it probably just depends on whether you prefer sheer polishes or opaque polishes. Personally, I prefer opaque polish, unless the color is unique enough to warrant using as many coats as you can stand-- and even sometimes I don't mind a little bit of sheerness.

So while this isn't necessarily my cup of tea, Made to Honor is a simple, pretty polish that is great either for a bride or just for a nice neutral for a work environment where loud/bright polish is discouraged.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:

I apologize for these pictures-- I feel like they're not as good as they could be, which is disappointing to me, because I'm working on trying to improve my photography. Back to the drawing board!

1 comment:

  1. This color looks very pretty! makes me want to pick up a few nude colors since I don't own any!

    I think the pictures came out great!

    ReplyDelete