Friday, September 16, 2011

Football Friday: Zoya Dannii

Football Friday is here! After an emotional second week (UW beat Hawaii and Michigan beat Notre Dame in the last 8 seconds of the game) we are entering the third week of college football season. This week UW is on the road, facing a big test against Nebraska-- for the third time in a year! Last September UW got their butts handed to them in Seattle and then beat Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl in December. I am hoping that no matter what the outcome, UW at least plays a good game.

I am not feeling well at all this week, so this isn't going to be the most amazing manicure you've ever seen, unfortunately. I've been feeling too bad to even think about polishing my nails.

For this week I picked Zoya Dannii. This is a polish from Zoya's Spring 2011 Intimate Collection. I was swatching this collection a few weeks ago and honestly, I wasn't all that thrilled about Dannii just sitting there in the bottle. But once I put it on my nail, I loved it, so I decided I needed to use it for a Football Friday manicure at some point. Zoya describes Dannii as a "medium orchid purple with pink and champagne highlights and flecks of silver metallic shimmer. A unique metallic with a pop of fun color to keep your look fresh." This is a really gorgeous color and I used three coats here, though I probably could have gotten away with two. Here I used Essie's First Base base coat and Good to Go top coat-- no bubbling issues! I am even more convinced that my previous issues with Zoya were not due to the polish at all, but definitely their treatment system.

Artificial light with flash:

Love the shimmer! 

Artificial light:

Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:


Pretty gorgeous, huh?

3 comments: