Thursday, September 29, 2011

Julep Cameron

I wrote a post awhile ago about Julep's new Maven program-- this is the first polish of theirs I am getting around to reviewing. Since its inception, the program has had a few bumps in the road, which has caused several bloggers (and other nail fanatics) to cancel their subscriptions. I won't go into detail, but needless to say I have not decided to cancel my subscription as yet. My interactions so far with Julep have been satisfactory, although at this time I still haven't received a tracking notice for my October Maven box, which supposedly shipped Tuesday. And I live in the same city where this company is based! A little weird. I am going to send them an email tonight and see how it's handled.

Cameron is one of the polishes I received in my first Julep Maven box. Cameron is described as an "energetic, summer pink" that is "the perfect pink for every occasion." Pink isn't a color I immediately gravitate towards, but this is a nice bright pink that I really like. Cameron went on very smoothly in two coats. I also used Julep's base coat, which seemed decent. I've only used it once, though, so it's hard to formulate an opinion on the one usage.

Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:


Overall, I liked this polish and it was very easy to work with, so right now I can say that I'm fairly impressed and like Julep's polishes. I do have more to swatch, so we'll see how my opinion holds up!

Edited to add: So, even though I didn't receive a tracking notice, my October Maven was delivered late last night to my mailbox-- I picked it up this morning! Hooray! 

2 comments:

  1. I love this color.

    I really like the Maven program. It is a new program from a small company, so obviously it is going to have some bumps along the way. It seems like they are doing everything they can to correct these mistakes and keep their customers happy. What more could you ask for? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I know things haven't been perfect, but I think Julep is trying. It's unfortunate that the missteps have turned some people off, but hopefully they'll be able to woo those people back when the program is fully on its feet. Are you a member of the Maven program?

    ReplyDelete