Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sephora by OPI Stop Stocking Me!

Today's polish is one that I swatched and forgot about-- Sephora by OPI Stop Stocking Me! from their 2011 Holiday Collection. I find the name kind of annoying, mainly because stalking isn't an amusing issue like their cutesy name suggests  (I have never personally been stalked, but the stories you read-- it's terrible, people are crazy) but as it's a purple polish and I got it on sale from Sephora... I guess I will have to live with it.

The description from Stop Stocking Me! is a "opaque metallic golden plum". I wouldn't call this plum, though, to me it seems like more of a violet shade, but maybe that's nitpicky. This felt very cool to me and I thought the golden shimmer was difficult to see, until I looked at in natural light and could finally see it! I was surprised by the formula-- despite the description of being opaque, I expected it be thin and need several coats, but it was really nicely pigmented and almost a one coater. I used two here. As it is a metallic, it will show brushstrokes, so you definitely have to be careful with that. This reminds me a lot of Julep Alfre, but is more purple and less silvery. In same family, but definitely not the same.

Artifical light with flash:

Artificial light:

Natural light - shade:



In the bottle I wasn't all that impressed with Stop Stocking Me! when I got it but I liked it a lot more when I had it on my nails. The shimmer is definitely subtle, but really pretty up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment