Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Moxie

Tonight's polish is from Rescue Beauty Lounge-- Moxie! Moxie was recently brought back as part of RBL's Vintage Bring It Back vote. I'm not sure when Moxie was originally first released, but it has been sold out for awhile. Ji describes Moxie as "a not-so-innocent pearly white. Wave your hand at that cute Steve Carrell-ish guy across the room and layers of gold sparks will fly from your fingers. You’ll find that the seat next to you will quite suddenly be taken."

To be quite honest, Moxie isn't really a color I gravitate towards normally. But the pictures looked really pretty and I heard a lot of good things about it so I decided to get it anyway. And I'm definitely pleased with the polish. Moxie is really pretty!! It's white but not at the same time-- there's a lot of lovely golden shimmer running through out the polish. I feel like it should look "old" but doesn't. It's a pretty shapeshifter. You'll be able to see from my pictures below that sometimes it looks more white and sometimes more golden. I used three coats in the pictures below and you can see that it is still a little sheer, but not too badly. I probably wouldn't wear less than three coats, though, because of the visible nail line. This also gets a little brushstrokey if you aren't careful, due to the metallic shimmer. I noticed the drying time also seemed a little long, but part of that is probably due to the fact that I used slightly thicker coats than normal, especially after realizing with the first coat that it would be on the sheer side. I know it doesn't necessarily sound like it, but really, Moxie wasn't bad to work with and applied fairly well. On to the pictures!

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:



Natural light - shade:


Very unusual and pretty! I was initially unsure about this polish, but was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it. With my new appreciation of white polishes, this is definitely a cool one to have in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment