Friday, January 27, 2012

Sally Hansen Green Tea

Sorry for the long delay in postings. I've been busy this week and when I've gotten home I've just been lazy, rather than getting anything done. So much for following my resolutions!

Tonight's polish is Green Tea, from the Sally Hansen for Tracy Reese Fall 2011 Collection. I saw swatches of these ages ago on various polish blogs, but had the hardest time actually finding them anywhere. None of my local drugstores ever got these, at least as far as I could tell... and I did spend time looking. Finally I managed to find them on Ulta's website and snatched up several of them before I knew what I was doing. Whoops. Unfortunately, though, it looks most of these limited edition polishes are gone from the website.

For someone who doesn't really like greens, for some reason I can't resist these minty/jade greens. Green Tea is a dusky mint green creme, similar to OPI Mermaid's Tears. Green Tea was almost opaque in one coat, but two gave me great coverage. However, you do need to use a light touch and few brushstrokes, because it can drag and create streaks in the polish. I did find that it applied pretty smoothly, though. Green Tea is part of Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line, and come with a very wide brush, which I love because I have wide nail beds, but I know can be difficult for people with smaller nail beds, as it lead to getting polish on your nails-- and everywhere else!

I loved this color! I ended up wearing this for a full five days, which is practically unheard of me for me, as I usually change my polish every 2-3 days. And even better, the wear on this polish was great! I used the Julep base coat and Essie Good to Go top coat and had aside from minimal tip wear, had very little shrinkage and no chips (except on the very last day). Amazing! I like that this polish is a little greyed up-- saves it from being a stark pastel and I felt made it a fun and wearable shade for fall and winter. A nice pop of color in the dreary winter months.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


The color may not unique, but I loved it! Probably my favorite green polish at this point. Very wearable, in addition to wearing well on the nail. Great polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment