Monday, January 2, 2012

Football (Non)Friday: Sugar Bowl Edition

First Football "Friday" post of the New Year and last one of the season! My other favorite team, Michigan, plays tonight in the Sugar Bowl against Virginia Tech, one of five BCS games. I'll be honest, it was a little surprising that Michigan ended up in BCS bowl, but hey-- we'll take it! Since UW and Michigan are not playing on the same day, I can do a post for each of the games! Michigan has made it back to a BCS bowl game for the first time since 2007, and this represents the first time that Michigan and Va Tech will meet on the football field. I hope it's a good game-- I really have no idea what to expect out of it.

For Michigan, I'm going simple and wearing Cult Nails Time Traveler. Maria of Cult Nails describes this as the "perfect royal navy jelly", which is a pretty apt description because Time Traveler shifts between being a dark navy or bright royal blue depending on the light, which I love-- you'll see it in the pictures below. But what I really love is that when Maria was putting this collection together, she appealed to the Culties to help her come with various super powers she could name the polishes after. Originally, this polish was slated to be named something else, but Facebook convinced her to name this gorgeous blue after everyone's favorite time traveler, the Doctor (from Doctor Who)! If you don't know what the show is, Doctor Who follows the adventures (through space and time) of the Doctor, who travels around in his blue police box, the TARDIS, with his human companions. Some very astute Culties realized that this dark blue polish was the perfect match for the Doctor's ship and so taking their cue, Maria decided to name it Time Traveler.


In case you're wondering, this is what the TARDIS looks like:

Perfect, right? Well, Time Traveler is seriously royal navy jelly perfection.  This baby is a one coater!! All the pictures below are one coat, with Cult Nails Get It On base coat and no top coat. While two coats would probably be best, as you can see a few thin patches on my ring finger, it's pretty darn close. I find the formula to be a little on the thick side, but nothing you can't work.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light:


I love this polish so much!! It's freaking gorgeous, and I love blues. Sometimes a polish changing color in different lights annoys me, but in this case, it's awesome. I love both the navy and the royal blue aspects to this polish. So gorgeous. I could wear this forever. Love it!! I think this definitely climbs up the ladder of my a) my favorite blue polishes and b) favorite polishes of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment