Monday, January 16, 2012

Julep Kim

The polish I have for you today is Julep Kim. This was part of a set I got in December from Julep-- Holiday Silver Belles, along with Leighton and Vanessa, both of which you've already seen-- and I swatched this during the holidays. Kim is a really lovely metallic charcoal grey polish. Julep calls Kim a "dark, gunmetal grey. Smoky and mysterious." and that's a pretty accurate description.

While Kim is similar to Leighton in that it's metallic, so you do have to be careful of brushstrokes. Despite that, I found Kim very easy to control and apply than Leighton, which was a nightmare. So hooray for that! I only needed 2 coats to get nice opaque coverage. Kim is very shimmery and pretty-- very similar to a england King Arthur.

I apologize for these pictures-- I'm not really happy with the way they turned out. For seem reason they all seem blown out, especially the ones that I took outside. Not really sure what happened there! I hope you can at least get a sense of the color and appearance of Kim.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


No comments:

Post a Comment